Setup and configuring wordpress first time
First I entered the site http://uk.wordpress.org/ - it is a Ukranian wordpress version.
I downloaded WordPress 2.8 and read setup instruction.
Unpack file which we was downloaded, copy
- 'DB_NAME' - database name (created beforehand. You can do it with phpMyAdmin);
- 'DB_USER' - database user;
- 'DB_PASSWORD' - user's password - you must use password >= 8 symbols (letters, digits and special characters).
- 'DB_HOST' - 'localhost' for most people.
Next define will be necessary if access to /tmp is denied (like it was in my case):
- Create MySQL database with the help of phpMyAdmin.
- Create a new user and give him access to this database.
- Copy unpacked WordPress and wp-config.php into host.
- For themes installing create ftp-account with a root in http://your-site/wordpress.
- Create 'tmp' directory in wordpress (write full path to this directory in define 'WP_TEMP_DIR'), give rights to created directory 0777.
Open in browser http://your-site/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php